August Bank Holiday will soon be upon us, a perfect time to bask in the last of the summer sun, get together with loved ones and make some time to switch off and enjoy a break. We don’t know about you, but here at GBT we believe good weather, good company and good rest, calls for some good cheese (and some good wine). So relax, don’t get yourselves in a pickle, our British cheese box selections are picnic perfect and delivered straight to your door.
At Great British Trading we are proud to supply and manufacture a range of quality British cheeses. Britain is home to some of the most delicious and iconic produce, so this Bank Holiday we want to share our finest British cheese box selections with you to enjoy and prove just how ‘great’ Britain truly is. So whether you're fighting off the ants in your English country garden or fighting off the rain on the Brecon Beacons, get yourself a blanket with a view and tuck in.
If you are spending the Bank Holiday in the Brecon Beacons, then you’re sure to enjoy our team’s favourite British cheese box, the Regal British Cheese Hamper, overflowing with luxurious and award-winning Welsh cheese, including:
- Our most recent cheese of the month Snowdonia Rock Star, a cave aged Cheddar that is quite literally rock and roll in every which way
- Snowdonia Truffle Trove luxuriously combined Italian Black Summer truffles with extra mature Cheddar for a distinctive earthy aroma and perfectly balanced flavour
- Snowdonia Red Devil packed with chillies hotter than a dragon’s breath, which is sure to really add some heat to your summer’s day
Cheeses proudly selected by our team rolled up in red, white and blue wax to match the British flag and create a proper patriotic British cheese box.
When it comes to manufacturing our own British cheese for our glorious nation, you’d think we'd crumble under the pressure like a good old fashioned Cheddar. But, instead of having a total melt-down, we actually went ahead and produced a cheddar. One strong enough to even take on a Welsh cave-aged rock star. And when we say strong enough, we’re talking really mature Cheddar.
With strength in mind, here’s our top British cheese box suggestions to pack a punch in your picnic:
- Our English Cheese Gift Hamper, showcasing Great British Cheddar, our very own extra mature Cheddar, made from quality British ingredients and accompanied by quality British produce, including Tracklements Caramelised Onion Marmalade.
- Our Scottish Cheese Gift Hamper with hand selected 1057 Extra Mature Scottish Cheddar, inspired by a King, making a royal appearance next to Mrs Bridges Chutney for Cheese.
- Snowdonia Black Bomber Cheddar Hamper, an award winning Welsh cheese loved for its immense depth of flavour and smooth, creamy texture, ready to enjoy with Stockans Thin Orkney Oatcakes
Though when it comes to strength, it seems we’ve forgotten the key ingredient to your Bank Holiday… a fine wine. Why not pair one (or all) of our British cheese box selections with a large glass of red or a cheeky glass or Port? It’s a national holiday after all.
You could Brie here all day every day deciding on a fine wine to add to the mix, so how about our ultimate British cheese box suggestion to cheese the pain?
Say Hello (and chin-chin) to our Cheese and Wine Hamper, with thunderous Welsh Cheddars and our most popular accompaniments. And the best part of this British cheese box delight is of course the Rioja Vega, a fine and fruity wine with hints of oak from barrel ageing. Does it get any better than that for a summer Bank Holiday treat?
Well actually, if you prefer that cheeky glass of Port, then yes! We even have a British cheese box HYPERLINK "https://greatbritishtrading.co.uk/collections/cheese-gifts/products/luxurycheeseandporthamper" with Port. Churchills Reserve to be exact. Now that’s a British holiday!
If you would like to shop our British cheese box selection ready for your summer Bank Holiday, you can visit our online shop.
Or to find out more about our produce, like our Scottish Cheddar, check out our monthly blog by clicking the button below.
Want to ask us something about our British cheese box selection? Contact our friendly team.