It’s National Cheese and Wine Day, one of our favourite days of the year here at Great British Trading. To celebrate, we’re sharing our top British Cheddars to pair with a bottle of fine wine. Even though you may be enjoying a sip of Spain or France, we think our range of British Cheddars from English cheese to Welsh cheese will really liven your palate.
At Great British Trading we are proud to supply and also manufacture a range of quality British Cheddars. Britain is home to some of the most delicious and iconic produce, so this National Cheese and Wine Day we want to showcase our Cheddars from across the Nation, to perfectly match that bottle of fine wine proving just how ‘great’ Britain truly is.
We’ve got English cheese, Welsh cheese, Scottish cheese, you name it, we stock it. No, seriously, we will genuinely source any cheese at your request here at Great British Trading. And the best part is, we also stock fine wine!
When it comes to manufacturing our own Cheddar cheese, you’d think that we would crumble under the pressure of all the other luxury English cheese out there. But, instead of having a total melt-down, we produced a contender, strong enough to take on even a cave-aged Welsh cheese. And when we say strong enough, we’re talking real mature Cheddar.
With strength in mind, here’s our top British Cheddars for a strong match on that fine wine this National Cheese and Wine Day:
- Great British Cheddar, our very own extra mature, made from quality British ingredients for a real taste of English cheese
- Hand selected 1057 Extra Mature Scottish Cheddar, inspired by a King, making a royal appearance as our ‘cheese of the month’ blog recently
- Snowdonia Black Bomber, an award winning Welsh cheese loved for its immense depth of flavour and smooth, creamy texture
- Applewood Smoky Vegan Cheese, for those who need strength in a dairy-free option
- Shorrocks Traditional Lancashire Cheese Bomb, a hearty English cheese, exploding with traditional British flavour
Why not pair one (or all) of these Cheddars with more than just a fine wine, how about our perfectly British accompaniments? After all, it’s a national celebration! Here’s our team’s favourites:
- Tracklements Right Royal Pickle - fit for a right royal English cheese
- Mrs Bridges Chutney for Cheese - to rein in the Scottish king
- Cradoc’s Sea Salted Crackers - made in Wales, it would be rude not to add a slice of Welsh cheese
- Stockans Thin Orkney Oatcakes - to mop up the explosion of English cheese
You could Brie here all day every day deciding on a fine wine to add to the mix, so how about our hamper suggestion to cheese the pain?
All our top British Cheddars are available in hampers. But our top suggestion for National Cheese and Wine Day has to be our Cheese and Wine Hamper of course! This hamper is a cheese and Wine delight, featuring a fruity wine with hints of oak from barrel ageing. Ideally complimented with award winning Welsh cheese Black Bomber and Green Thunder. Complete with Welsh accompaniments for a fun and tasteful National Cheese & Wine Day.
In fact, we enjoy Welsh cheese and products from the Snowdonia Cheese Company so much, we even have a Welsh Cheese hamper.
If you would like to shop more Welsh cheese and accompaniments, you can visit our online shop.
Or to read our monthly blog featuring our Scottish Cheddar, click the button below.
Want to ask us something about our very own English cheese? Contact our friendly team.